2018 UC California Naturalist Program at Sierra Streams Institute, Nevada City, CA
- 10 Lectures: Wednesdays, 6:00 – 8:30pm, March 7 – May 16, 2018
- 3 Half-day Field Trips: Saturdays 3/17, 4/14, 5/5
- Tuition: $425 early registration by February 1st. $475 thereafter.
- Contact: Devin Cormia or Sol Henson- email@example.com.
- Info: cnssi.wordpress.com (this site), calnat.ucanr.edu.
- Class dates are: 3/7, 3/14, 3/21, 4/4, 4/11, 4/18, 4/25, 5/2, 5/9, 5/16 *note no class on 3/28 for spring break
Course begins – Wednesday, March 7, 2018
Course ends – Wednesday, May 16, 2018
Field trips – Saturdays: 3/17, 4/14, 5/5
The course consists of…
- 10 classes – Wednesday evenings from 6-8:30pm
Students can miss one class session and still meet course requirements by completing the assignments for the missed class. There will be homework each week. We plan to begin some evening classes with a nearby mini-field trip.
Our Wednesday evening lectures will be held at our new home at the Woolman Campus off Jones Bar road in Nevada City. We are excited to be hosting the course there with 230+ acres of meadows and mixed conifer forest to study throughout the class.
- 3 field trips: 3/17, 4/14, 5/5
Field trips will depart Saturday mornings and last apx. half the day. Locations to be determined, but all will be within about a 30-45 minute driving time from SSI in Nevada City.
The following documents will be updated for 2018. They are posted for your reference.
See all the course requirements here: Course Requirements – California Naturalist at SSI
Full syllabus: 2017 California Naturalist at SSI Syllabus