Below is information to give you a better understanding of the certificate course offered in the spring of 2018. Remember the advanced training course in the fall- Salmon and Steelhead in the Sierra is NOT the certificated course.
- Syllabus At-A-Glance ~ 2016 Cal Nat Syllabus At-A-Glance_FINAL
- Full Syllabus ~ 2016 CaliforniaNaturalist at SSI Syllabus_FINAL
- Course Requirements for becoming a Certified California Naturalist ~ Course Requirements – California Naturalist at SSI
- Course Requirements Student Checklist ~ Cal Nat Course Requirements_Student Checklist
- Here are the three forms to be completed before or at Class 1
- Textbook ~ The California Naturalist Handbook” by Greg de Nevers, Deborah Stanger Edelman, and Adina Merenlender. (List price $34.95). It is generally available locally at both The Earth Store (530-265-0448) and Harmony Books (530-265-9564) in Nevada City, and The Bookseller (530-272-2131) in Grass Valley can order a copy and have it within 1-2 days. The book is also available online.
- UC Davis Extension – how to get academic credit for the California Naturalist course ~ https://extension.ucdavis.edu/areas-study/land-use-and-natural-resources/ca-naturalist-program